March 4, 2011

Will Yates//Lazybones (Jeremy Messersmith Remix)

Working So Hard: Local Music Friday
What's up with Local Music Fridays?

A LMF?! HOLY SHIT! DOES THIS MEAN OSS IS BACK ON TRACK?!?

Well, I'm not sure about that, but I am sure this is a great remix...and that's not something I say everyday.

For some reason, I couldn't quite click with Jeremy Messersmith until Michigan acquaintance Will (who you might remember from his keyboard work with Zoos of Berlin) sent me this remix that he did. This is slightly-tweaked power pop at its finest, complete with catchy riffs, harmonized background vox and waves of guitar glory breaking, then retreating.

I should probably also mention that this remix is for charity, so don't download it here. Instead go over to Messersmith's bandcamp and name your own price for a good cause.

Also, please, please, please go check out more of Will's remixes here, because they are all really, really awesome.



Lazy Bones.mp3

He's at the end of misspent youth,
Just a blur in a dream,
Too quick to be seen.

No comments: